Stationary Gas Monitoring
supports a wide range of monitoring applications
Firemaster currently offers stationary gas detectors to cover a wide range of monitoring applications. Each system supports a wide array of sensors, such as H2S, SO2, and LEL, while offering different methods of meeting your safety requirements.If you are unsure about which monitor best suits your job scenario, please contact us at (403) 342-7500.
Current conventional hardwire monitoring systems do not allow a single source of monitoring for large multi well projects. The use of multiple small systems on a single location is not feasible; it would be impossible for the operator to efficiently respond in an emergency. With this industry demand for bigger and better systems with flexibility, added control and ease of use, Firemaster accepted the challenge and thus PUMA was developed
PUMA stands for Private Ubiquitous Monitoring Array – Ubiquitous meaning the system has the ability to be everywhere at once. The PUMA is a hard-wire toxic gas detection system that can effectively monitor up to 24 sensors. By default the system is configured for 8 LEL and 16 H2S sensors. However, we can customize this based on the customers’ requirements.
With the hardwire PUMA system we run the sensors to all of the high risk H2S or LEL areas. If any of the enabled sensors detect 10 ppm H2S or a combustible substance the alarms will sound and the light will flash indicating where the gas is present. This detection limit can also be adjusted if required. PUMA alerts personnel to head for the muster area where a head count can be conducted. At this point the rescuers can don their SCBA’s and perform a rescue if required.
Our in house team of Electrical Engineers are developing a wireless module for PUMA which when released will add 16 additional sensor locations – a potential of 40 sensors on one system all easily managed from one central location.
This is another way we are striving to improve our technology to benefit our customers.
Features of PUMA
- We have opted for a touch screen display to control the 24 different channels and corresponding sensors. This allows for very intuitive operation. The operator can simply press a button on the control screen to enable/disable and/or calibrate a sensor.
- The system can also be hooked up to our existing audible and visual signalling devices. We have made provisions to allow us to use the 120V Alarms (legacy items) or the new 24V DC alarms. Using digital technology we are able to produce over 30 different customized sounds.
- PUMA can be further customized to work with most industrial 4 to 20 Milli Amp Sensors to measure Nitrous Oxide, Sulfur Dioxide and Oxygen.
- PUMA logs sensor data in one minute intervals. This data is stored on an on-board SD card allowing Firemaster to produce reports containing archived data which is invaluable in the event of a hazardous gas release.
- This unit was designed to function in all types of weather conditions.
Ensure your safety
PUMA is exclusive to Firemaster and by making Firemaster your company of choice you can ensure the safety of your people.